More Rehab provide Hydrotherapy Physiotherapy Treatment at a number of bespoke hydrotherapy pools in Sheffield and the surrounding regions. Many of our patients are seeing the immediate benefit from this excellent physiotherapy service that we offer.
Call us and speak to one of our specialist physiotherapists to see how Hydrotherapy could help you.
Hydrotherapy is a physiotherapy treatment based on the properties of warm water. It’s also termed aquatic therapy. Hydrotherapy uses the principles of water to allow exercise and to alter exercise intensity. The increased buoyancy (opposite to gravity) allows for more exercise than is permitted on land.
Increased water temperature and hydrostatic pressure promote increases in circulation and flexibility and decreases in swelling. Increasing speed turbulence and active surface area can all be used to increase exercise difficulty.
Exercises for our patients will be tailored through our Physiotherapists for individuals or classes to improve their movement and function utilising a heated hydrotherapy pool.
Hydrotherapy is of great benefit to our patients, not just from the support the water provides but also for a great sense of achievement, independence, enjoyment and confidence that it provides.
Benefits of hydrotherapy include :
- Normalisation of abnormal posture
- Relief of pain, swelling, stiffness & muscle spasms
- Improve, maintain & restore joint range of motion & flexibility
- Improve, maintain & restore muscle strength, strengthen core stability & posture
- Improve, maintain & restore
- Non weight bearing exercise, reduces pressure on load bearing joints
General health benefits :
- Encourages & promotes relaxation
- Boosting the immune system, allowing it to function more effectively
- Improves the function of the internals organs by stimulating the blood supply
- The improved circulation dramatically increases the elimination of waste, thus assisting detoxification
We are delighted to be working closely alongside Talbot Specialist School in Sheffield. We are helping the school to offer family swim time to their pupils. It is hard and stressful for families of disabled pupils to access pool facilities and we hope that this will allow more pupils and their families to access the wonderful facilities there out of school time.
We are lucky to currently run 4 hydrotherapy sessions a week.
Tuesday : 16.00pm – 19.00pm
Thursday : 16.00pm – 19.00pm
Saturday : 9.00am – 13.00pm
Sunday : 12.00pm – 16.00pm
They are all very popular and the majority of our bookings are for regular patients who come every week or every fortnight. We do however have some availability. If you wish to speak to one of our physiotherapists about how hydro could benefit you, feel free to give us a call, we’ll do the best we can to help.